Saturday, March 5, 2011

Q&A: How do you hook up a wireless router in your home?|home router

Q&A: How do you hook up a wireless router in your home?|home router

home router
by inju

I want to be able to have two computers operating at the same time in my home. One is a PC and the other is a notebook laptop. Can a name clarify how to hook up a router for this? Also, how much does a router cost?
I am in BC, Canada. I have internet through shaw cable. At the bestow, I just have a pc hooked up but want to hook up a laptop or notebook computer so we can use them both at the same time. Thanks for your help.

Answer by JoelKatz
We need more in rank in this area your complex. Do you have Internet access? What kind? What gear do you have?

If not, get Internet access first. Usually the provider will offer to sell, bed in, and set up the wireless router for you.

Answer by darkblue
Hi Daisy.

I just bought a wireless router, since I wanted the same business as you.

Here it is what I did.

I did a lot of investigate on the net, trying to find the best wireless router to buy. With reading all sort of reviews,

I chose to buy the D-Link DIR655. It had some splendid reviews, and now, with 2 weeks of by it, I am very pleased with it. It costs in this area $ 110 – $ 130 , depends where you buy it, I guess

I have two computers in my house. One of them I connected to the router directly, through a ethernet cable. The internet connection speed in this case is the same as it was before the router.

The other PC I just bought an USB wireless adaptor, from Edimax.

The installation administer is very simple. You plugin in the internet cable into the router, and you follow the on screen instructions to set the router up. There only a few simple steps.

With you router is set up, you connect your PC through an ethernet cable to the router, and the laptop must see your wireless router on its own.

Excellent luck with this!

Romy

Know better? Leave your own answer in the observations!

So I’m thought of getting an iPhone but i have doubts in this area the internet use.
Do I need to pay extra to get boundless internet for the iPhone? Or can I just use my internet at home (with a router included)? Is it really that simple or is there more to it? Please clarify it to me… WITH DETAIL!! Thank You!

Answer by BrianM23
AT&T will require you to get a data plot. But you can still use your internet at home (Wifi) which will be quicker

Answer by ars
absolutely, you can used your internet at home but be sure that your network at home is help with a wireless.. and very austerely way to connect, follow the instruction on your iPhone blue-collar.

Add your own answer in the observations!

Home Office v 2.0
home router

Image by Erik Eckel
Lauren finished repainting the home office. I picked up a following knee-interval credenza (needed the storage and desktop interval). I’m much more pleased with the new layout.

You can view the first complex here.

I’m much more pleased with the new layout. I still need to tidy up cables, which I will, and pick up a flat-panel to replace the tube TV. The SonicWALL router still needs use, too, but all that’ll be done within a week, I believe.

How many PCs and servers do you see? There are five here (with room for at smallest amount three more client systems at any agreed time).

No comments:

Post a Comment