Sunday, February 27, 2011

How do I find the security settings on my Netgear Wireless Home router?|home router

How do I find the security settings on my Netgear Wireless Home router?|home router

I’m trying to connect my Wireless-G Music to it, and I need the security settings to be the same, but I can’t find them anywhere for the router? Where do I find them?

====================================

Answer by C-Man
Just login to your router from a web browser like IE or FireFox.

Usually the router IP address is 192.168.1.1, so the url woud be http://192.168.1.1 but confirm it by checking your IP address first.

The router’s address will show up as your gateway.

Check your blue-collar for the default admininistrator login name or password. Once you’ve logged in, theres a tab for security- it might be below the Wireless section if you’re talking in this area your encryption, SSID and such.

Answer by Hank
Try this link from the geek room at NC State Univ.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!

4010_Overdress_Router_Metall2
home router

Image by Schröder+Schömbs PR _ Brands | Media | Lifestyle
Foto: Anne Deppe

No comments:

Post a Comment