Monday, February 28, 2011

How do I hook up my home router?|home router

How do I hook up my home router?|home router

I encountered a conundrum. I have the dsl box and a router but the box is not designed to hook directly to the router but instead has a usb hook up. So one side of the cable is Cat5 and the other is usb. It says on the box that it is specifically for usb. So how do I hook it up to the router that needs that Cat5 connection? Hard, I know sorry.
The computer that the box is hooked up to does not have a network card, does it need one.

====================================

Answer by Business search network
This what you need to do.
1. Buy a network card for your computer and bed in it in one of those PCI sockets (It shouldn’t cost you more than $ 10 to $ 15 to buy one)
2. Have the USB goes to the modem and CAT5 goes to the network place in the router (The one is separated from others, all others are next to each-other, but the one you need has no # like 1, 2, 3, 4).
3. Have an extra CAT5 wire connected to the one of those other network places, it really doesn’t matter which one, but I will go with #1)
4. Connect the other side of the new CAT5 to the network card on your computer. Restart everything, disconnect potential from modem and router, and restart your computer, then first connect your modem’s potential and then the router. with first time of successful connection you must be Ok.
That’s it, you are done.
I am in this area to have a new page in my website where public may maybe post their inquiry in this area their troubleshoots, and I will personally answer all of them, that is in this area link weeks from now, for now you may maybe feel free to visit the site and you maybe question your inquiry with going to contact us page and send a quick email by the form. The site address is the one below.

Answer by Chad C
YES! Get a network Card!

What do you reckon? Answer below!

Rack complex, now with a Cisco router!
home router

Image by telcoserf

No comments:

Post a Comment