Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How does a Wi-Fi dertermine it's location, and how can I make my home router do it to?|home router

How does a Wi-Fi dertermine it's location, and how can I make my home router do it to?|home router

My Ipod Touch uses a Wi-Fi to determine it’s location in a number of apps. How can I use this feature with my home network? I am by a linksys/sysco WRT160N V3 router and Windows 7 on my computer.
Josh
TNX
73

====================================

Answer by vulcan
The WiFi does not know its location. It gets that from the ip in rank. A mobile device gets the info from the GPS software. So there is no need for the WiFi device on a laptop or desktop unit to determine it’s location it already knows

Add your own answer in the observations!

Home router security scheme @hack.lu
home router

Image by Security4all
A speaker from hack.lu did an assessment of the security of SOHO routers. It was terrifying and not excellent news.

More in this area the event on security4all.blogspot.com/2008/10/coverage-of-hacklu-2008…

More in rank in this area the scheme at this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment