Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How do I connect to my server on my home computer through a router?|home router

How do I connect to my server on my home computer through a router?|home router

My computer is a diffident computer that is connected to a router, I have a WAMP ma?tre d’h?tel (Apache) and want to be able to access it from anywhere by typing the ip of my sbc benefit and then some how go to MY computer on my home network. What do I place in my browser’s address bar to access the ma?tre d’h?tel???? I’m sure there is some genius out there who knows more than me…

Answer by StupendousMan
if it is for document allotment ,
check these s/w with reviews

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3243_7-6357250-1.html?tag=fs

if you are talking in this area hosting your files,site on your webserver and making accesible , the ypu need a webhosting benefit.. yahoo and others do it check with them for as modest as $ 2 per month.

Answer by Rafe
On your router you need to set up port forwarding so you forward port 80 to your internal network address for the computer with the ma?tre d’h?tel on it.

Either that or you can forward any other port address to the ma?tre d’h?tel machine, but the ma?tre d’h?tel machine has to know which port to sight the webpage for. Then you call it by by http://ipaddress:portnumber

Know better? Leave your own answer in the observations!

i just got a palm centro and i want to connect to my netgear router at my house so how do i do that

Answer by bronzey214
You can’t. The centro does not have Wi-Fi capability.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!

La trampa de la Fonera
home router

Image by Daquella manera

No comments:

Post a Comment