Monday, March 7, 2011

Q&A: Does my router show my home computer information from my laptop?|home router

Q&A: Does my router show my home computer information from my laptop?|home router

I mean, does my internet browsing or documents I work on show up on my home computer which the router i am by to connect to the internet wirelessly is connected to?

Answer by dotsnail
only certain things like IP address, browser type, operating system. these are required for a ma?tre d’h?tel concentration to send the assess html/javascript to the browser.

everything else on your pc is hidden from the browser, except you actively upload a file.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!

I read that WEP is not safe, as well as WPA-PSK. It’s costly to have WPA or WPA2 with RADIUS ma?tre d’h?tel for home user. VPN would be a excellent thought, but VPN client software is pricey for Netgear wireless router (the only affordable wireless router with VPN).

So, I don’t know what the clad options are for my below $ 100 budget. All I have in mind is something with:

- Dual active Firewall (NAT and SPI).
- Intrusion Detection (IDS).
- WPA and WPA2 (PSK type, I guess).
- Ability to disable SSID broadcast and DHCP ma?tre d’h?tel.
- Logging feature of clients that request connection.
- Access plot control (help VLAN).

If it’s possible I still want the VPN, but I’m just daydreaming probably. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer by tmoney58
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=router&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=router&Ntk=All&product_code=311221

my cousin just bought it it’s excellent and its got security
or
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=router&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=router&Ntk=All&product_code=299891

Answer by ray_8128
If it was me (assuming you want wireless) I would buy:
LINKSYS WRT54GL IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G Broadband Router -$ 52.99
A modest pricey but rated brilliant
3x Winner of Customer Choice Award – Wireless Routers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

It also has 4 ea, RJ-45 10/100 LAN ports so you also have the option to hardwire it to your computer(s) by by a CAT5E crumb cable(s)

WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1133202177241&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

The All-In-One Wireless-G Networking Solution

* All-in-one Internet-allotment Router, 4-port Switch, and 54Mbps Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Top
* Shares a single Internet connection and other assets with Ethernet wired and Wireless-G and -B diplomacy
* Push pin complex feature makes wireless configuration secure and simple
* High security: TKIP and AES encryption, wireless MAC address filtering, commanding SPI firewall

CAT5E crumb cable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=CAT5E&x=14&y=29

Answer by Anthony M
Belkin N1 wireless router.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!
How to browse privately on public Wi-Fi for free
If you’re a mobile hand and like to go online by public Wi-Fi services, like those in brunette shops, you probably don’t grasp how insanely reckless you’re being.
Read more on ARNnet

home wi-fi wireless network
home router

Image by osde8info
home wi-fi wireless network consisting of motorola cable modem, fon wi-fi access top, netgear game adapter, linksys cable modem/router/switch, tesco voip ata and discretionary linksys wi-fi photograph ma?tre d’h?tel providing three wi-fi hotspots further than for the public, upstairs for the kids and downstairs for the parents (shown without psus, end user diplomacy (pcs, pdas, printers, mobiles, telephones)

No comments:

Post a Comment