Saturday, March 5, 2011

Q&A: Can I change the shape of my home wifi router's coverage area? From circular to a thinner, longer area?|home router

Q&A: Can I change the shape of my home wifi router's coverage area? From circular to a thinner, longer area?|home router

I have a home wifi access top but the location where I can place it in the house is not optimal. If the wifi signal radiates equally from the router, is there a way to exchange this such that the signal radiates to one management or two directions only, without by a special mast? This is so I can maximize coverage, since my house is more long than wide.

Answer by early over
No…not without purchasing additional hardware.

If you do not have a lot of cash invested or you can wait. The 11N standards will be out soon and you must be able to get a more commanding, quicker, more secure router which will take care of your conundrum.

Answer by RDNZL
You can get a signal director from compusa for in this area $ 10 or make on with tin foil. But that will send it to one management, couldnt do it to more than one without getting another router.

Answer by Stephen M
No such luck! You may need to set up a following wireless router if you have too low a signal in parts of your home.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

I want to use my wirelss AT&T express card benefit as the source for internet. Is there a way or product (router) that can do this? If not, how do I make a tiny network with one laptop as the host (with the card installed) and allow other computers that also have wireless capability to be a part of the network.

Answer by ez80227
that’s not an express card, it’s a pcmcia or usb dongle.
but to anser your q, yes. kyocera makes the kr-1. owned one for a even as w/ a gallop card.

Answer by Bruno
It really depends what develop of AT&T Express card you have their are 4 or 5 different models and designs within like 3 being of eachother.

Add your own answer in the observations!

Installing the Seagate GoFlex Home
home router

Image by BenSpark
I was agreed some Seagate GoFlex diplomacy to try out in my home. We recently upgraded our router and it was the aptly time to add the Seagate GoFlex Home to the network. This device allows us to have continuous online backing through our network. Works with MAC and PC and backups are done involuntarily and wirelessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment