Sunday, March 6, 2011

If I use a WLAN connection on my Nokia E63 to connect to my router at home, will I be charged?|home router

If I use a WLAN connection on my Nokia E63 to connect to my router at home, will I be charged?|home router

I don’t want to have to pay for internet, and I just want to be able to go to simple sites like Myspace and YouTube, so if I use the WLAN connection to connect to my own personal router at home, will the cell buzz companionship charge me?

Answer by Jonathon
no the shouldn’t cause when i use WLAN on my psp they don’t charge us.

Answer by Ironman
There are no charge to your cellphone… I’m always by my Wifi at home to browse sites and update my Mobile softwares…

What do you reckon? Answer below!

My bedroom has NO buzz jack (I reckon that’s the word) and I want to have internet access on my pc in my room. My mother’s room is the closest one and she recommended getting a router, I want to know how quick my connection would be and no matter what business else I need to know in this area a router since I am a novice concerniong them.

Answer by Jaymikal
Hello -

The router is only as quick as your Internet connection. Background up a wireless network (by a router) requires a broadband (high-speed) Internet connection, whether its DSL, or Cable, or even Satellite connections. If you only have a dial-up connection, then a wireless router wouldn’t work.

Background up routers are relatively simple. They come with installation CDs that will step you through everything you need to do.

One word of caution. Must you elect to make a wireless network by a wireless router, then be certain when you’re going through the installation administer that when it questions whether it must enable security, you top out “yes”.

If you don’t, then what can happen is that you’ll provide free Internet access to typically everyone within a 1500 ft radius of where the router is sitting, depending upon line-of-sight. Public may maybe use your network, browse your files, hack into a website and make it look like you did it.

I don’t say this to scare you off, only to be sure to turn on your security so that only public with the proper network key can access your network. I have set up hundreds of these networks, and all work splendid! I have a wireless network at my house, too.

So, when installing the router, get out a cut of paper and pencil and take notes as the computer questions for in rank. It’ll question for:
1. SSID (network name)
2. Type of encryption (WEP, WPA, etc.)
3. Encryption strength (64bit WEP, 128bit WEP, etc.)
4. Network passphrase (key is generated off of this)
5. What the real network key is.
6. Advisable to exchange your admin password as well.

Excellent luck! Hope this helps!

Answer by Nate H
“The router is only as quick as your Internet connection.” -Not entirely right.

Dredge up, a ordinary Ethernet connection runs at 100 Megabits per following (that’s by a cable). A Wireless connection (assuming by the latest ordinary, G) runs at 54 Megabits per following. So, if you’re by applications or allotment files through the router at home, your connection within your own network will be considerably quicker than an internet connection.

A ordinary U.S. high-speed internet connection ranges between 3-6 Megabits per following, therefore, even even if you have up to 100 Megabits per following, you can only surf the internet as quick as the benefit provider (a.k.a. Roadrunner, Verizon, ect.) is let you. Reckon of it like blowing into a straw, the straw being your “internet connection”. You can blow as hard as you want into the straw, but the straw can only let so much air flow out. Ultimately, you will get all your air out of the straw, but not as quick as if you were blowing without the straw.

Add your own answer in the observations!

In With The New
home router

Image by Sam Rayner
All set for unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment